Saturday, June 29, 2013

On The Net Gang, Arriving. Ding Ding!



Firstly and importantly, a little bit about this blog's quasi-namesake:
A total of 176 (150 Navy and 26 Marines) enlisted radio operators were specially trained at a unique school located on the roof of the old Navy Department Building during 1928-1941. Known as the "On-The-Roof" Gang (OTRG), they were trained to intercept and analyze foreign radio communications. This group of dedicated and skilled operators formed the vanguard of the U.S. Naval Communications Intelligence efforts and laid the cornerstone of Naval Cryptology.1
As this new warfare domain called Cyberspace2 becomes a greater part of our lives every day, I felt it appropriate to adopt this name as we pioneer a path in (and for) Information Dominance.

Today, Day 1, IOC, the mission statement of this site is as follows:
To disseminate information and spur conversation on matters related to the Information Dominance Corps by creating original content that emphasizes the author's experience, personality and opinions.
I expect that the mission statement will be tailored as we move forward.  This linked page reflects the current mission statement.

As you can tell from the mission statement, I am emphasizing author personality and opinions.  It is the hope that there will be limited long-and-boring articles found here.

And as I firmly believe anonymity does not promote quality conversation, let me introduce myself.  My name is Jason Pawlak, I am an active duty LTJG in the United States Navy that serves as an Information Warfare Officer.  I plan to discuss my own chosen professional path among other topics through this forum.

I hope to have other major and minor contributors as times moves on.  If you'd like to be one, let me know!

References:
Image: http://navylive.dodlive.mil/2013/04/09/navys-information-dominance-corps-leads-the-way-in-warfighting-in-cyberspace/
1 http://www.usncva.org/ncvaotrg.shtml
2 http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=64686


1 comment:

  1. I am going to start throwing rocks at computer geeks

    /r
    LCDR Rochford

    ReplyDelete